Monday, March 7, 2011

It came in "3's"....

It all started Saturday afternoon.  I went to change my contact lens in my right eye and a  little piece broke off and stayed in my eye.  Great!  I tried to flush it out, it felt like I had grains of sand in my eye.  Instantly my entire eyeball when blood red.  Through the night it was infected and at times the gunk was so bad, I couldn't see with that eye.  I got up around 2:30 am and rinsed my eye and lo and behold...the phone rang!  It was Julie (Chicago) calling saying she was on her way to the ER with Luke (3) as he couldn't breathe and was barking like a seal.  They gave him adrenaline and steroids and an antibiotic...he has croup.  Weird, as he was okay when he went to bed and then...well croup!  I waited for a couple of hours for Julie to call and finally at 5:30 am, she did and they were on their way home.  THEN, at 9:30 am, Jeff took me to ER in Fond du Lac for my eye.  Turns out I had scratched the cornea.  Not good.  They gave me antibiotic drops and today I saw the doctor again and the eyeball is swollen and very irritated.  We babysat the grand kids yesterday while Jen & Dave went "baby supply" shopping.  Jacob is due to be born in about 5 weeks, so it's about time they get that task finished.  However, before they came over, they stopped at Urgent Care with Molly.  She had been on Amoxicillin for a few days and got a rash reaction to it.  So that med is stopped.  She has surgery tomorrow to put tubes in her ears, so she'll be on a different medication for sure.  So, that was our exciting weekend!!  This week can only get better.
Have a great week,
Janet

No comments: