Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas postponed...

We were so sick Christmas Eve and Christmas Day that we hardly knew it was Christmas....
Started at about 3pm Christmas Eve when I was getting ready for Mass, I had to lay down as I didn't feel very well.  Jeff went to church alone as he was Sacristan for the 4:15 Mass.  He got home around 5:45 and I was still sleeping.  He left me sleep on the couch and around 9:30 pm, it hit him.  He started vomiting and after he went to bed.  I just had severe bloating and a gut ache that wouldn't quit.  That lasted all day Christmas and in to this morning. It is 3:00pm Monday and I am starting to feel better.  Jeff is still sleeping and the vomiting has stopped.  Last night at 9pm I decided to call the doctor and we talked for a while and he said it actually sounded like food poisoning. I told him what little we had eaten and the one thing it could be and he agreed, it could have been it.  Sheesh.....
So, instead of a Merry Christmas, we are going to celebrate Christmas with our family on New Years Day....and we will have a Very Merry New Year!  We felt bad as we had to cancel our Christmas for the kids.  They were all coming from Illinois and Jen's family from Rosendale.  I guess it is what it is and we move on.
We hope you all had a wonderful Merry Christmas and wish you all A Happy, Healthy New Year.

No comments: